Since its inception in 1938 and incorporation in 1952, SEPCO has emerged as a leading manufacturer in the electrical distribution industry. Built on the foundation of quality products and personalized customer interaction, SEPCO delivers unparalleled service and knowledge to meet and surpass each customer’s expectations.
Philip Reddock first established SEPCO with his Father Morris, in Brooklyn, NY, in 1938. They first started selling metal fabricating and stamping parts out of a garage. Morris would go on the road selling to customers while Phil handled the makeshift office and orders that came in. They eventually moved to a building, enlarging their inventory, increasing their staff and employees and growing their customers.
During World War ll when Phil was in the service, his wife Judith and sister Shirley, along with Morris, kept SEPCO successfully running. Phil was a self-taught musician; he played the piano from the time he was a child. During his time in the service, he would play the piano and entertain the troops while he was stationed in England. He was able to just sit down at a piano and play whatever was requested of him. He continued playing the piano for the rest of his life and always enjoyed entertaining others or just playing for himself.
In 1976, Son-in-Law Howard Feldsher joined the business, eventually purchasing it in 1988. Howard’s son Ross joined the company in 2001, becoming the fourth generation of the SEPCO family which Phil was so very proud of. Philip may have started small, but envisioned growing larger, and eventually achieved and accomplished what he and his Father Morris set out to do. Philip retired in 1988 but was always interested and excited with what was happening in the business. Phil passed away in 2001 creating a legacy at SEPCO that continues to thrive today.
SEPCO was founded as a metal fabricating and stamping company by Morris Reddock and Philip Reddock in a garage on 18th Avenue and 56th Street in Brooklyn, NY
SEPCO was incorporated and carried a product line which included EMT and rigid, one-hole and two-hole pipe straps, reducing washers and switch box supports.
SEPCO moved to 6301 New Utrecht Ave which is still their current location today.
Howard Feldsher joined the company.
Philip Reddock retires after 50 years and Howard Feldsher becomes President and Owner of SEPCO.
Ross Feldsher joined SEPCO to become the 4th generation to work for SEPCO.
Ross Feldsher named Vice-President of Operations.
SEPCO Hot Dipped Galvanized Moguls were introduced and approved by many municipalities and agencies such as New York City Transit Authority (NYCTA), Department of Transit (DOT), Port Authority of New York & New Jersey (PANYNJ), and Department of Environmental Protection (DEP).
Robert Miles retires after 52 years and 4 generations of employment.
SEPCO was featured in Crain’s Magazine for many of their products which were installed on high profile jobs such as World Trade Center- Freedom Tower, World Trade Center Memorial, and was a huge part in the Build It Back NY- Hurricane Sandy Relief Program.
SEPCO introduces a full product line of Hot Dipped Galvanized items which includes MIGB’s (with aluminum lugs or copper lugs), CHM Hubs, Conduit Bodies, Moguls (styles C, LB, LL LR & T), and Three Piece Couplings. SEPCO also introduces Mechanical Galvanized Liquidtight Connectors (straights, 90°’s, & 45°’s) with or without copper lugs.